Alexandre Burrows (VAN):
Sure, he’s not the most appealing name in the market and is most definitely not a top-six winger.
But Bob Murray always likes to acquire one chippy forward at trade deadlines, and Burrows fits the bill for this year. I do not think he will cost too much to get either.
More from Ducks News
- Who could the Anaheim Ducks consider presenting offer sheets to?
- Is Pierre-Luc Dubois on the cards for the rebuilding Anaheim Ducks?
- Making the case for the Anaheim Ducks to trade with the Edmonton Oilers
- Anaheim Ducks might benefit tremendously by trading John Gibson
- How close are the Anaheim Ducks to becoming contenders again?
He is 35 years of age and has some injury history, but he has been relatively healthy this season missing six games.
Few fanbases around the league hate the Anaheim Ducks for having players like Corey Perry that get under the opponent’s skin. So the more, the merrier.
Plus he can play on either wing, adapts well with any playing style and would be a welcome addition to the penalty kill.
Burrows does have a no-movement clause on him but with former teammates Kesler and Bieksa already on board, he could waive it.
One minor caveat would be that he carries $4.5 million cap hit and will become a UFA next season.
And I’m not sure if Anaheim could resign him even if they wanted to.