In my mind, there should be no dispute over this. Cam Fowler has been the Anaheim Ducks best blue liner.
He could have chosen to be distracted by the trade rumors surrounding him, but he didn’t. And he had to deal with this since last season.
More from Ducks News
- Who could the Anaheim Ducks consider presenting offer sheets to?
- Is Pierre-Luc Dubois on the cards for the rebuilding Anaheim Ducks?
- Making the case for the Anaheim Ducks to trade with the Edmonton Oilers
- Anaheim Ducks might benefit tremendously by trading John Gibson
- How close are the Anaheim Ducks to becoming contenders again?
The best way to combat chatter is to let your actions speak louder than words.
Fowler leads all Anaheim defenseman in goals, assists and power play points.
He has already set a new career high in goals (11) and is on pace to produce the most points in one season in his career.
And you know you’re a vital part of the team when you lead the d-corps for time on ice in every situation.
He has played 266 minutes more than the next person in line, Sami Vatanen.
Also in his seventh NHL season as a 25-year-old, he’s a decent possession player with a 49.52 Corsi For %.
This is a testament to his maturity as a professional hockey player.