Apr 7, 2013; Anaheim, CA, USA; General view of a faceoff between Anaheim Ducks center Saku Koivu (11) and Los Angeles Kings center Jeff Carter (77) at the Honda Center. The Ducks defeated the Kings 4-3 in a shootout. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
Yesterday, I posted the entire Anaheim Ducks schedule for next season. Today, I’m gonna name 10 games that I think will be ‘can’t miss’ games.
- Bobby Ryan‘s return to Honda Center! Some fans still can’t ever that trade and there are gonna be a lot of people screaming to Bobby that we want him back. Who knows? Maybe this game would also be their “Throwback Night.”
- The Ducks begin their annual rivalry with the San Jose Sharks in late November. The Ducks travel up to the raucous HP Pavilion. Are the Sharks ever gonna give up on their current nucleus?
- The Ducks return from San Jose to host the Los Angeles Kings in the first part of the 2013-2014 Freeway Faceoff series. Former and now current Duck Dustin Penner also faces his old team for the first time.
- Hey guys look Justin Schultz returns to Anaheim, again. Do you think us Ducks fans should be over Schultz by now or by then? Honestly, probably. But there are always gonna be people who don’t get over Schultz.
- The Sharks finally make their first appearance at Honda Center. It’s always nice to welcome in our rivals from Northern California and beat them.
- The Red Wings are no longer in the Western Conference. Thank god. However, it will be nice to continue the rivalry every year. There will certainly be some Red Wings fans in the building as well to add to the animosity.
- If you don’t know what this date means……….I don’t even know what to say to you.
- In the shortened February schedule, this might be the best game to look forward that month. The Cup champs visit Honda Center and the Ducks will look to continue their success against the Chicago Blackhawks.
- George Moustache, I mean, George Parros returns to Honda Center. Unfortunately, as a member of the Montreal Canadiens.
- Former fan favorite Chris Kunitz comes back to Honda Center. Unfortunately, as a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins. It’s also a good chance for us Ducks fans to fulfill the league obligation to boo Sidney Crosby. Plus, I hate the Penguins with a passion.
There are also some other games I wanted to include here, like when the Eastern Conference Champion Boston Bruins visit Honda Center as well as when the Ducks return once again to The Joe to continue their rivalry with the Red Wings. Can October come soon enough?