After going down 2-0 in the series, the Anaheim Ducks have rallied back, winning the last two on the road to tie the series. The Ducks look to take a lead in this series for the first time tonight.
Game starts at 7:00 p.m. at Honda Center.
Last Match Up: 2-0 (May 10)
In Game 4 Devante Smith-Pelly opened the scoring to give the Ducks a 1-0 lead. Shortly after, Ryan Getzlaf scored on a intelligent play from behind the net by banking a shot off Jonathan Quick. The Ducks led 2-0 at the end of the first period and that’s all Anaheim needed as it won 2-0.
John Gibson started in net for the Ducks and became the youngest goalie in NHL history to make a playoff debut and record a shutout.
Keys to the Game:
1. Score First: The team that has scored first in this series has won every game. The Ducks did a great job of getting the lead and shutting down the Kings in Game 4. The Ducks need a repeat performance tonight.
2. Team Defense: The Ducks blocked 25 shots and kept the Kings from scoring on their four power play chances last game. If the Ducks continue to play great team defense, then I like their chances in winning this game tonight.
1. Cycle: The Kings need to continue to play the way they did in the second and third period of Game 4. They got off to a slow start, which ended up costing them the game. If they can cycle the puck and keep the pressure on for 60 minutes, then they have a good chance to win this game.
2. Power Play: The Kings were 0 for 4 on the power play in Game 4. They need to get it going to have a chance in this game.
Players to Watch:
1. Ryan Getzlaf had a goal and an assist in the last game. Getzlaf also made a key block shot when Gibson was down last game. Look for Getzlaf to make some plays on offense and defense in this crucial Game 5.
2. Devante Smith-Pelly had a big goal to start Game 4. He has played well against the Kings in the regular season and postseason. If he plays on the top line tonight again, then look for him to get great chances to score.
1. Anze Kopitar was held without a point for the first time this postseason in Game 4. Look for him to get back on track in Game 5.
2. Dustin Brown has played physical this series, but has been quiet on the score sheet. The Kings captain needs to score to give them a more balanced attack.
John Gibson: 1-0-0, 0.00 GAA, 1.000 SV%
Jonathan Quick: 6-5-0, 2.83 GAA, .917 SV%
The road team has won every game this series. The Ducks need to score first and hopefully they can break that trend tonight in Game 5. This is now a best-of-three series.
The winner of this game most likely will win the series.
Follow us on Twitter: @PucksofaFeather
Like us on Facebook: Pucks of a Feather Facebook