The Anaheim Ducks are in Texas tonight to play Game 6 against the Dallas Stars. The Ducks dominated the Stars in Game 5 putting Anaheim in a position to close out the series tonight.
One more win and the Ducks will advance to the 2nd round for the first time since the 2008-09 season.
Game starts at 5:00 p.m.
Last Match-Up: 6-2
The last time these two teams met, the Ducks got off to early lead with a goal by Nick Bonino. The teams battled back and forth exchanging goals with the Ducks leading 3-2 at the end of the second period. In the third period, three straight goals by Jakob Silfverberg, Ryan Getzlaf, and Corey Perry secured a 6-2 win.
Keys to the Game:
1. Game Plan: The Ducks need to stay with their style of play for all three periods of the game. If the Ducks can stay away from the agitators of the Stars, then I like their chances of closing out this series.
2. Power Play: The Ducks made the Stars pay on the power play last game going 4 for 7. The Ducks have had success at home, now they need to get the power play going on the road to earn a victory.
1. Defense: The Stars need to focus on slowing down the Ducks offense. If they can hold the Ducks to two goals or less, then Dallas has a good chance of forcing a Game 7.
2. Emotion: The Stars were frustrated throughout Game 6, especially towards the end. If the Stars get behind early, then they can need to keep their emotions in check.
Who To Watch:
1. Corey Perry has played well in this series with two goals and three assists. After being relatively quiet in last years’ playoffs, the Perry we know is back playing his game.
2. Ryan Getzlaf came out to lead the Ducks after missing Game 4, providing a huge lift to the team. He had a goal and two assists and played well despite his facial injuries.
1. Ryan Garbutt speared Perry in the last game, which he was ejected from the game as a result. He was not suspended by the league, so it will be interesting to see how aggressive he is in tonight’s game.
2. Jamie Benn has four goals and a point in every game this series. He has made life difficult for the Ducks and will continue to do so in Game 6.
Frederik Andersen: 3-2-0, 2.93 GAA, .909 SV% (Unconfirmed)
Kari Lehtonen: 2-3-0, 2.97 GAA, .896 SV% (Unconfirmed)
At some point the Ducks are going to need to start winning on the road. Anaheim has home ice advantage throughout the Western Conference Playoffs, but taking every series to a Game 7 can be exhausting.
If the Ducks play their style of hockey for 60 minutes, then they will close out this series tonight.
Follow Pucks of a Feather on Twitter.
Like Pucks of a Feather on Facebook.
On the hunt for Anaheim Ducks playoff tickets? Visit TiqIQ.com