The Anaheim Ducks started this series with a 2-0 advantage winning the first two games at home. The Ducks went on the road looking to win at least one game, but the Dallas Stars held their ground winning both at home.
With the series tied 2-2, this pivotal Game 5 is a must win for the Ducks in order to maintain control of the series and home ice.
Game starts at 7:30 p.m.
Last Match-Up: 4-2
The last time these two teams met, the Ducks got off to a great start with goals by Bryan Allen and Patrick Maroon. The Ducks led 2-0 after one period of play. The Stars scored twice in the second period to tie the game and twice more in the third to win 4-2.
Keys to the Game:
1. Intensity: In Game 4 the Ducks got off to a great start, but that faded in the second period. In the beginning of the third period they seemed to regain the intensity, but it again faded when Stars scored the go-ahead goal. The Ducks need 60 minutes of solid intensity.
2. Power Play: After doing well in the first two games, the Ducks went 0 for 8 in Games 3 and 4. If the Ducks want to make the Stars pay for being too aggressive, then they need to start scoring on the power play.
1. First Period: The Stars need to come out of the first period ahead or tied. If they get behind early, then I like the Ducks chances playing at home.
2. Guard the Net: The Ducks are going to crash the net hard this game. The Stars need to clear out the crease to give their goalie a clean look at the shots.
Who To Watch:
1. Patrick Maroon scored in Game 4 and has been laying the body on just about anyone on the Dallas team. Look for Maroon to keep up his intensity again in Game 5.
2. Teemu Selanne sat in Game 4 as a healthy scratch to the dismay of many fans and family. I expect Selanne to come out highly motivated in this game.
1. Shawn Horcoff has four assists in this series. He has been finding his line mates in the right places at the right time.
2. Jamie Benn has three goals and an assist in the first four games of this series. The Ducks need to shut him down and his line every shift they are on the ice.
Frederik Andersen: 2-2-0, 3.17 GAA, .898 SV%
Kari Lehtonen: 2-2-0, 2.28 GAA, .921 SV%
This game is the biggest one of the Ducks season.
If the Ducks win this game, then they only need to win one more game with home ice still in hand. The Ducks have played pretty well in the first periods in this series. They need to play well in all three periods. They can’t get distracted by the Stars agitators.
If the Ducks shut down the Stars top line, then they put themselves in a great position to win this game.
Follow Pucks of a Feather on Twitter.
Like Pucks of a Feather on Facebook.
On the hunt for Anaheim Ducks playoff tickets? Visit TiqIQ.com