The Anaheim Ducks currently lead the Dallas Stars 2-0 after two games. Both games have been intense battles with the Ducks winning each game by one goal.
Tonight the Ducks play the Stars in Texas for Game 3.
Game starts at 6:30 p.m.
Season Series: 2-0
Last Match-Up: 3-2 (Apr. 18)
The last time these two teams met, the Stars got off to an early lead with a goal by Alex Chiasson. Ryan Getzlaf scored at the end of the first period to tie the game 1-1. Corey Perry scored in the second period and Andrew Cogliano scored a short-handed goal in the third to give the Ducks a 3-1 lead. The Ducks went on to win 3-2.
Keys to the Game:
1. Physical: The Stars picked up the physical play in Game 2. The Ducks need to be ready for a big physical push by the Stars in this game. The Stars need to win to get back in this series so the Ducks need to be ready for a more desperate team.
2. Special Teams: The Ducks have done a better job on special teams in the first two games. They had two power play goals in Game 1 and a big short-handed goal by Cogliano in Game 2. This needs to continue especially on the road in the playoffs.
1. Cycle: The Stars need to keep their game strategy simple by getting the puck deep and working the cycle. They need to keep the pressure on the Ducks and try to wear down their defense.
2. Emotion: The Stars need to control their emotions. They need a win to get back in this series and playing too physical may find them in the penalty box too often.
Who To Watch:
2. Ryan Getzlaf had a goal and an assist on the game winning goal in Game 2. Look for the Captain to continue to lead the Ducks with his inspired play.
1. Trevor Daley picked up his physical play in Game 2, especially when he took down Perry in front of the Stars net. Look for more battles in front of the Stars net between Daley and the Ducks forwards.
2. Jamie Benn has a goal and an assist in the first two games of this series. He is dangerous every time he steps on the ice when he plays the Ducks.
Frederik Andersen: 2-0-0, 2.50 GAA, .930 SV% (Unconfirmed)
Kari Lehtonen: 0-2-0, 3.56 GAA, .870 SV% (Unconfirmed)
The Ducks have played well in the first two games of this series. They have done a great job playing their type of game despite the increased physical play of the Stars.
If Anaheim can withstand the initial push by the Stars in the opening period, then I like the Ducks chances of winning this game.
A win tonight would give the Ducks a stranglehold on series.
Follow Pucks of a Feather on Twitter.
Like Pucks of a Feather on Facebook.
On the hunt for Anaheim Ducks playoff tickets? Visit TiqIQ.com