The Anaheim Ducks close out the home stand tonight against the Nashville Predators. The Pacific Division leading Ducks are currently one point ahead of the San Jose Sharks for the division title. The Ducks have been on fire lately, going 5-0-1 in their last six games.
Game starts at 7:00 p.m. at the Honda Center. Find Ducks tickets from TiqIQ.
Season Series: 2-0-0
Last Match Up: 5-2 (Feb 8, 2014)
The last time these two teams met was on Feb. 8 in Nashville. The first two periods of the game were hard fought with the Ducks leading 2-1 after the 2nd period. The Predators would tie the game early in the third period on a goal by Mike Fisher. Anaheim would respond with three goals by Emerson Etem, Mathieu Perreault, and Ryan Getzlaf to finish the Predators off 5-2.
Keys to the Game:
1. Early Start: The last two games have been exciting, but it would be good for the Ducks to get a lead instead of relying on having to come back too often.
2. Power Play: The Ducks were 0-3 on the power play last game. The Ducks need to get more traffic in front of the opposing goalie for future success.
1. Penalty Kill: The Predators are near the bottom of the league in penalty kill percentage. They are going to need to stay out of the box against the Ducks high powered offense.
2. Defense: The Predators need to create turnovers in the defensive zone and put good checks on the Ducks forwards to keep them from sustaining pressure.
Players to Watch:
1. Corey Perry scored two goals in the last game to bring his season total to 41. There are only six games left, but he could make it close to 50 this year.
2. Stephane Robidas had the game-winning goal on Monday night against the Edmonton Oilers. He also had an assist on Perry’s game-tying goal on Wednesday night. Look for Robidas to be more active on the attack as he appears fully healthy.
1. Shea Weber leads the team with 21 goals and he also leads the team in power play goals with 11.
2. Mike Fisher has been on a roll lately scoring five points in his last five games. He has 18 goals so far this season.
Jonas Hiller: 29-11-7 2.41 GAA .913 SV%
Pekka Rinne 7-10-2 2.89 GAA .898 SV%
50-18-8, 108 points (Last 10: 7-2-1)
33-32-11, 77 Points (Last 10: 5-4-1)
The Ducks look to get closer to clinching the Pacific Division title. A win tonight would make the magic number five points. It’s important for the Ducks to continue to play well heading into the playoffs. We have seen teams in the past get on a roll at the right time and go far in the playoffs.
Follow us on Twitter: @PucksofaFeather
Like us on Facebook: Pucks of a Feather Facebook