The Anaheim Ducks face the Vancouver Canucks at the tail end of back-to-back games. The San Jose Sharks lost to the Colorado Avalanche earlier today so the Ducks can reclaim the Pacific Division with a win or tie tonight.
Game starts at 7:00 p.m. at Rogers Arena. Ducks @ Canucks tickets.
Season Series: 3-0-0
Last Match Up: 9-1 (Jan 15, 2014)
The last time these two teams met the Ducks dominated the Canucks winning 9-1. Teemu Selanne, Corey Perry, and Nick Bonino each scored two goals. The Ducks built a 6-0 lead in the second period as they cruised to an eventual blow out win. The nine goals were the most in a single game in franchise history.
Keys to the Game:
1. Defense: The Ducks need to limit the odd man rushes. They gave up two goals to the Edmonton Oilers last night on 2-on-1 breaks.
2. Offense: The Ducks are scoring goals and getting plenty of shots, but they need to screen the opposing goalie more to create some chaos in front of the net.
1. First Period: The Canucks need to score first or at least come out of the first period tied to have a chance to win.
2. Emotions: The Canucks haven’t forgotten about the last meeting, but they need to keep their emotions in check and not take too many penalties.
Players to Watch:
1. Mathieu Perreault: He has been on fire lately scoring four goals in his last five games. He had a goal and assist last night against the Oilers.
2. Corey Perry: He is just three goals away from 40. Look for him to ramp it up against the Canucks.
1. Ryan Kesler: He leads the Canucks with 23 goals and he usually has good games against the Ducks.
2. The Sedin Brothers: They are always a threat to score or make a good pass to a teammate for a score.
Frederik Andersen: 16-5-0 2.26 GAA .924 SV%
Eddie Lack: 15-14-5 2.34 GAA .915 SV%
47-18-8, 102 points (Last 10: 4-4-2)
34-30-11, 79 Points (Last 10: 6-3-1)
The Ducks need to come out and score early on the Canucks. The Canucks have not forgotten about the last meeting.
If the Ducks can keep the pressure on and establish the cycle then they have a great chance of winning this game.
Follow us on Twitter: @PucksofaFeather
Like us on Facebook: Pucks of a Feather Facebook