The Anaheim Ducks finish their visit to Florida tonight when they face off against the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight. The Lightning enter tonight as the top team in the Atlantic Division, but may not last there very long with Steven Stamkos now out indefinitely with a broken tibia. The Ducks enter this game still atop the Pacific Division, Western Conference and the National Hockey League. However, tonight, Ryan Getzlaf is still out with an upper body injury and Corey Perry is questionable with the flu, which has been going around the locker room recently.
In the last meeting between these two teams, the Lightning were able to get the win a stop a three game winning streak from the Ducks. The aforementioned Steven Stamkos notched two goals and Bobby Ryan and Saku Koivu both notched goals for the Ducks. Tampa’s goalie, Mathieu Garon was the star of the game stopping 30 shots in the win.
Keys to the Game:
- : With Stamkos out, where does the consistent goal scoring come from?
- : They have the better special teams numbers so far, but again, where will the threat on the PP come from?
- : How to adjust to life without Getzlaf and Perry?
- : Great goaltending would help with both Getzlaf and Perry out.
Players to Watch:
- - G – Ben Bishop: The gigantic goalie has been a wall in the net for the Lightning this season.
- - RW – Martin St. Louis: A lot of pressure on the 38-year-old to produce with Stamkos out.
- - C – Andrew Cogliano: He’s arguably been one of the most effective forwards for the Ducks and he’s really playing well right now.
- - C – Mathieu Perreault: He’s the best offensive center in the lineup.
- - Ben Bishop: 12-2-0, 2.02 GAA, .930 SV%
- - Jonas Hiller: 7-2-1, 2.47 GAA, .908 SV% (NOT CONFIRMED)
Both teams are missing their biggest offensive threats. Both teams have some stellar goaltending. Both teams are atop their divisions. However, one team is much better at special teams. So, does that team have the edge? Maybe, maybe not. Not too sure what to expect tonight.
Follow me on twitter @ducks_sean!