Note: “What I Missed” is a series of posts I’ll be making for the rest of the month of September to help look back at some of the more memorable news stories I couldn’t post about while I was on hiatus for the first half of the month. I will try to avoid re-covering topics that other Ducks Daily Blog writers wrote about. Since quite a bit of time has passed since some of these stories arose, many other blogs and news outlets have discussed them in depth. Therefore, rather than reiterate what’s already been said, in many cases I’ll simply give a quick description of what happened, a sentence or two on my thoughts, and then I’ll round up links from around the web from old articles that have already discussed the issue more in depth.
September 7th marked a year since the plane crash that took the life of former Anaheim Duck Ruslan Salei, as well as the lives of the rest of his KHL team, Lokomotiv Yaroslavl. Earlier this month while I was on hiatus, a number of different outlets looked back on the tragedy. If you too missed these reflections, here’s a compilation of links you might want to take a look at.
- A Tribute to Ruslan Salei – AnaheimDucks.com
- Remembering the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl Crash Victims – Octopus Thrower
- Ruslan Salei: November 2, 1974 – September 7, 2011 – Anaheim Calling
- Salei’s family lives on through grief - ESPN
- Watch ‘Leaving the Ice’, Russia Today’s moving documentary on the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl crash – Puck Daddy
- VIDEO: Ruslan Salei - Life Story in Sand – YouTube
- How KHL’s Lokomotiv was reborn, one year after plane crash tragedy – Puck Daddy
- Remembering the NHL stars of Lokomotiv Yaroslavl – Puck Daddy
Jer is sorry about all the news he missed. Follow him on Twitter @JerMeansWell.