Note: ”What I Missed” is a series of posts I’ll be making for the rest of the month of September to help look back at some of the more memorable news stories I couldn’t post about while I was on hiatus for the first half of the month. I will try to avoid re-covering topics that other Ducks Daily Blog writers wrote about. Since quite a bit of time has passed since some of these stories arose, many other blogs and news outlets have discussed them in depth. Therefore, rather than reiterate what’s already been said, in many cases I’ll simply give a quick description of what happened, a sentence or two on my thoughts, and then I’ll round up links from around the web from old articles that have already discussed the issue more in depth.
Back in June, it was reported that Bobby Ryan was demanding a trade out of Anahiem. Earlier this month, however, Bobby Ryan walked back on his trade, saying that he misspoke and that his statement was “…kind of stupid.”
Bobby Ryan’s change of heart was covered in depth by a number or other blogs and news sources, so instead of reiterate what’s been said, here’s a link dump of the places that were able to cover it in a more timely manner:
- Ducks’ Ryan speaks out again, but contritely – OC Register’s Ducks Blog
- Bobby Ryan’s Mea Culpa & The Meeting That Never Was – Anaheim Calling
- Bobby Ryan felt bad about his trade demand; “It was kind of stupid” – ProHockeyTalk
- Bobby Ryan Backs Off Trade Demand – HockeyBuzz
- Does Bobby Ryan Really Want to Leave the Anaheim Ducks? – Rant Sports
- Bobby Ryan on his trade request: ‘It was kind of stupid’ – CBS Sports
Jer is sorry about all the news he missed. Follow him on Twitter @JerMeansWell.