This edition’s player of the month was a pretty easy one. The month of February mostly consisted of the Ducks on their longest road trip of the season (8 games). The Ducks went 5-1-2 in those 8 games.
The reason for their huge success on the road was largely due to one person..
Jonas Hiller easily earned his title as the player of the month. Without him in net, the
Ducks wouldn’t have done nearly as well to be honest. The only other option was Francois Beauchemin, who has been proving to be a reliable defenseman. Hiller takes the cake though.
Stats for the Month of February:
– He faced 373 shots, stopping 340 (roughly 25 shots a game)
– Hiller had one shutout (against Florida)
– He had a .907 save percentage in 15 games.
– The most goals he allowed was 6 (against Dallas)
– He was named the first star of the week
Stats alone don’t prove anything. Watching him play is really the only way to show how great he was. Hiller continuously gave 110% every game and made countless saves to keep the Ducks alive.
Follow us on Twitter: @DucksDailyBlog
Like us on Facebook!