The Anaheim Ducks dominated the Edmonton Oilers tonight winning 5-0. The Ducks looked phenomenal overall and certainly not like a team who was sitting second to last in the league. With tonights win, the Ducks improve to 4-0-1 in their last 5 which is an impressive turnaround.
Backstopping the Ducks to victory was Jonas Hiller, who recorded his second shutout of the season. He stopped 33 shots and recorded his 100th career win in the NHL.
Corey Perry had two goals and Ryan Getzlaf contributed with 4 helpers.
Jason Blake opened up the scoring in the first period, notching his first goal of the season. The Ducks came up huge in the second period, getting goals from Teemu Selanne (PP), Bobby Ryan and Perry. After the Ryan goal, the Oilers replaced Nikolai Khabibulin with Devan Dubnyk.
The Ducks continued to put on pressure and Perry notched his second of the night to seal the victory.
It was an overall amazing performance by the Ducks, who had solid defense as well as keeping the offensive pressure the whole game.
- Hiller recorded his 100th win, as well as his 13th career shutout
- The Ducks improved to 7-9-3 under Boudreau
- The Ducks have gotten 9 out of a possible 10 points in their last 5 games
- The Oilers outshot the Ducks 33-28
- Anaheim went 2/3 on the PP and 2/2 on the PK