The Anaheim Ducks came up HUGE in the third period, coming back from a 2-1 deficit to win 4-2 against the New York Islanders.
The biggest surprise tonight was Ryan Getzlaf’s game-winning goal, which was a beauty. He’s not quite thecaptain he should be, but it may be a start. Teemu Selanne hit another milestone, scoring his 650th career NHL goal. Niklas Hagman had some great chemistry with Selanne tonight.
- Hiller vs Nabokov tonight.
- Selanne and Hagman showing early chemistry. I dig it.
- Pretty slow period here. Few shots on goal
- Period ends with Islanders outshooting the Ducks 8-3
- Ducks coming out much stronger
- 14:15 – Just after the power play expires, Blake circles into the right wing and fires off Nabokov’s chest, creating a rebound that Bobby Ryan backhands in from the slot.
- 16:04 – An embarrassing goal… the puck slips past Hiller, who makes a clumsy dive to stop it from crossing the goal line, and knocks it in. Matt Martin credited with the goal.
- Ducks put up a great rush at the end of the period, tons of chances
- 6:20 – Moulson rips a slap shot from the wing that rebounds hard off Hiller’s chest to Tavares, who chips a backhand pass to Okposo.
- Hiller giving up rebounds. Ducks defense needs to clear those…
- 9:22 – Another goal for Ryan, who takes the puck from Perry on the rush, dekes to the backhand around MacDonald and fools Nabokov with a move to the forehand before burying it.
- Much needed goal right there!!
- 12:25 - Getzlaf on the low right wing, so he charges toward the net, moving the puck to the backhand in front of Jurcina before roofing it in the top right corner.
- Not gonna lie, I’ve been trashing Getzlaf all night but that was a beauty
- 17:06 – TEEMU SELANNE – Hagman throws a backhand on net that kicks hard off Nabokov into the slot, where Selanne buries it.
- Thats #650 for Teemu!!
- DUCKS WIN!!!!!!!!
- First point in seven games for Ryan Getzlaf
- Ryan scored the Ducks first short-handed goal of the season
- Ducks snap a 3 game losing streak
- Teemu Selanne scored his 650th career goal
- The Ducks were outshot 22-20