The Ducks win!!! For once, the Ducks played a solid 60 minutes of hockey (with the exception of a few sloppy plays in the 2nd) and dominated the Phoenix Coyotes 4-1. Visnovsky finally returned and it was clear how much we needed him. The blue line looked much sharper and the team as a whole had much more energy than usual.
Tonight was definitely the best game of hockey the Ducks have played all season long.
I am going to try and keep these simpler and only give the important notes here. Lets see how this goes…
- Lubomir Visnovsky back with the team, much needed return. Hiller in net
- Ducks again looking very good in the first
- Rod Pelley scores on his first shot of the game!! (ANA-1, PHX-0)
- Ducks went 0/3 on the PP this period and registered 13 shots on goal
- At 1:07 Niklas Hagman shoots a wrister from past Smith (ANA-2, PHX-0)
- Ducks starting to look a little sloppy, but the blue line looks much better
- Martin Hanzal capitalizes on a Sbisa penalty (ANA-2, PHX-1)
- Sloppy penalties will always be a problem for the Ducks
- Getzlaf gets a solid breakaway, but makes a lousy attempt
- Niklas Hagman scores his second of the period by storming the crease (ANA-3, PHX-1).
- Kyle Palmieri gets his first NHL goal after redirecting a Bobby Ryan slapshot (ANA-4, PHX-1).
- Mike Smith denies Hagman, stopping him from getting a hat trick
- Ducks look like pros tonight
- Mike Smith AGAIN denies Hagman on a beautiful shot
- Jonas Hiller got his 8th win of the season (yikes)
- Kyle Palmieri scored his second NHL goal tonight
- The Ducks head out for a 5 game road trip starting in Chicago
- Rod Pelley scored his first goal as a Duck
- Ryan has points in 3 of his last 4 games.