The Ducks final game of their 7 game road trip ends in complete disappointment, much like the entire road trip as a whole. They were defeated by the dominating Detroit Red Wings by a final score of 5-0.
The Red Wings had also been slumping, losing their last 6 games, but you would never know it after watching tonight’s game. They were dominant for the entire game, outplaying the Ducks all game.
- The Ducks have only won 3 games at Joe Louis Arena in franchise history
- The Red Wings snapped a 6 game losing streak tonight.
- This was the final game of the Ducks 7 game road trip, they ended 1-3-3
- The Ducks never had more than 10 shots in one period, getting outshot 50-22
- Cam Fowler led all defensemen in ice time with 27:50
- Corey Perry led all forwards in ice time with 23:23
First Period: It was immediately apparent the Red Wings were there to win, out-shooting the Ducks almost immediately. 6 seconds after the Ducks killed a penalty, Kronwall snapped one past Hiller (DET-1, ANA-0). The Ducks only put up 7 shots in the first period.
Second Period: Just 1:55 into the second period, Henrik Zetterberg sent a wrister up high (DET-2, ANA-0). Only 50 seconds later, Lidstrom scores when he took a slap shot from the left point (DET-3, ANA-0). The Ducks again got few
shots on goal, only putting up 6 shots this period.
Third Period: Just a minute in, Lidstrom scores his second of the game on the powerplay (DET-4, ANA-0). The Ducks as a whole looked pretty lazy on the ice. Johan Franzen scores on a simple backhander (DET-5, ANA-0). Jonas Hiller gets pulled and Dan Ellis comes in.
Not the best way to end the road trip. Hopefully returning home will spark something in the Ducks. 11 out of their next 13 games are at home.
Tags: Anaheim Ducks Corey Perry Detroit Red Wings Henrik Zetterberg Johan Franzen